Local Area Information
Blackpool is the most popular seaside resort in the UK and is the 4th largest settlement in North West England. The town has some important landmarks, including Blackpool Illuminations - a series of lighted displays arranged along the entire 7 miles of the seafront. The Hotel is just a 5 minute walk to central areas with; theatres, shops, night clubs and Blackpool's famous Tower. The Pleasure Beach is also close and is one of the country's favourite attractions with 6 million visitors a year
Nearby Points of Interest
- Blackpool Tower (0.9 mi)
- This icon of England and majestic symbol of Blackpool has stood for over 112 years. The Blackpool Tower has eight attractions: The Blackpool Tower Eye, The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, The Blackpool Tower Circus, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, Jungle Jim's, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, Sealife Centre Blackpool and Pirate Pirate Adventure Golf.
- Pleasure Beach (2.5 mi)
- There's something for everyone at Pleasure Beach, Blackpool. There are over 125 rides and attractions plus spectacular shows including the world renowned Hot Ice at the arena and the glamorous and exotic new show Forbidden at the Globe theatre.
- The Winter Gardens (0.8 mi)
- Large entertainment and conference venue located in the town centre. Includes the Opera House which is one of the largest theatres in europe.
- Blackpool Zoo (1.9 mi)
- Award winning attraction and home to over 1500 animals from around the world.
- Sandcastle Water Park (2.2 mi)
- The UK's largest indoor water park.
- Stanley Park (1.5 mi)
- A Grade II listed historic park and gardens with sports facilites, lake, restaurant and golf course
- The Lake District (46.3 mi)
- Discover englands five tallest mountains, the deepest lake, two national parks and three areas of outstanding natural beauty. The awe inspiring area is a must for any visitor to the north west. With beautiful views, long walks, friendly people and lovely villages no wonder it was an inspiration to many of our greatest writers including William Wordsworth, John Ruskin and Beatrix Potter.
How To Find Us
Follow signs for promenade, follow promenade going north past tower, we are 0.1mile past the Blackpool tower on the right.
Come out of the railway station and go straight ahead onto Dickson road and turn right. Follow the road until you come to the Carlton Hotel, turn left and then right and we are 7 hotels down on the right.